Friday, June 26, 2009

Writing a Synopsis or Outline

Happy Friday, everyone!

This will be a short post because it's my 4th anniversary (yaaay!) and I'm off to go watch Transformers 2 and hang out with my husband.

I wanted to share this post I found the other day on the fabulous blog The Rejector: http://rejecter.blogspot.com/2009/06/infamous-synopsis.html.

The Rejector is an agent's assistant, and is giving out tips on how to write a good outline or synopsis, and more importantly, telling us that all of the obsession and panicing we do over these things just doesn't matter.

What I learned from the article? DON'T PANIC.

The agents want a 1-2 page breakdown of your plot, not Shakespeare. We can all relax a tiny bit because we won't be instantly rejected if we use Times New Roman instead of Courier, etc.

What do you guys think? Have you ever worried about your synopsis/outline?

Any tips you have to share?

Happy Friday! :)

2 comments:

Tere Kirkland said...

Happy Anniversary! And I know I haven't been here for a while, but I love your new look!

Enjoy the movie and time alone with your sweetie.

Nayuleska said...

Yay for the anniversary!

Me - I'm not thinking about my query or synopsis right now. It'll get there in the end, after much hair-pulling! (metaphorical)