Wednesday, June 3, 2009

WIP Wednesday: Neverending Story

Seriously.

Does revising ever really end?

Even though I love Atreyu, I don't really want my story to be neverending.



I think the phrase "a book is never really finished, only abandoned" becomes more and more real for me every week as I continue to revise ;). there's always another phrase that I use too often. Another scene that needs some polish. Another anachronism that only my magically delicious husband can catch.

It's not a bad thing, it's just a long thing. And I really think it's teaching me to be patient.

After all, isn't patience what separates the successful from those who quit? Also known as quitters?

I'm still in Final Revising Mode, which is exciting, but I can't wait to start querying again, and start working on my new novel.

I think I'm finally honing in on a title for it, too, which is exciting. Titles take me forever.

How is everyone else doing? Goals going well? Story limping off into the sunset after thousands of visions?

I'd love to hear how you guys are doing! God speed, and happy writing to all :).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMGosh...I completely relate to this. I have thought (mistakenly) that my story was finished on no less than three occassions. I DO hope that the current revise is the last one - - - I certainly "think" it is...

Good luck with everything!

Abby Annis said...

I'm the rewrite queen, but you know that. :) I think if I hand my husband another rewrite of chapter one, well, let's just say it won't be pretty. He says for his Father's Day present he wants me to start sending out queries. So, there's a goal... we'll see.

Glad to hear yours is coming along and getting close. Very exciting! Let me know if you need me to read anything.

And I love Atreyu too. I used to watch that movie over and over when I was a kid. The song's rolling through my head now. :)

Scott said...

I can relate as well. For me, when I get to the point where I'm just changing things to change things, I know the revising process is done. It might take me a while to reach that point, but I eventually do.

As for titles . . . sometimes, I come up with the title first, and other times the title might change a bunch of times before I finally settle on the perfect (at least in my mind) title.

Keep writing.

S

Cate Gardner said...

Revising sounds so sweet to me at the moment.