Hello, from sunny Revision Pergutory!
It's Thursday here, and it's been Thursday for what seems like eons, because time has no meaning in Revision Purgatory.
I'm sure a lot of you are with me right now, poised on the edge of "done," and ready to dive into the Query Pool.
This... is for you guys.
Top 10 Ways You Know Your Novel's Done!
10) Your own mother is tired of reading your drafts.
9) Your spouse flees the room if he/she sees you with your laptop.
8) You've changed "Steve said" to "said Steve" and back again. Thirty. Separate. Times.
7) You've memorized your opening and closing scenes.
6) Your main characters names are now gibberish to your ears. Steve? Steee-V. Stah--eev?
5) Your keyboard tray has chocolate stains.
4) You are Drunk Revising (much like drunk dialing, but worse.)
3) You've whined to all of your writer pals about how tough all the revising is, but haven't done a single thing all week.
2) Have already started revising your next book just to get away from the current one.
1) You're revising every book you read in your mind, and thinking if only Faulkner had consulted you first.
Happy Friday-Eve, everybody!