Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Progress update!

Hi, All,

Progress Update Time!

Recently I've been working feverishly on revising my novel, LEGACY OF THE EMPRESS to make the ending stronger. My mom and husband had some awesome things to contribute (my mother is a hard woman to please) and I've been working on the ideas I agree with, fleshing them out and making my story fuller.

Today, I got three AWESOME volunteers from the query tracker forums to be my first officially non-family member Beta Readers. I'm so excited and grateful to get their feedback, and am still working to pad out my ending, to get that "Zazz Factor" as high as I can. I'm only going to start querying again once I get this feedback, and I'm stoked about the process.

It feels amazing to have the chance to have another chance to make your work not just "ok" but "great."

As a side note, I have another work in progress: my body. My goal is to become stronger and leaner slowly but surely. I'm starting some heavy weight lifting (squats, deadlifts, assisted pull ups, bench presses, etc) and working on not eating as much crap.

If you are starting a strength training or weight loss regimen to get rid of that "writer's butt," I highly recommend www.stumptuous.com. It's literally THE BEST website ever for ladies wanting to get fit, and dispels a lot of myths and lies we've heard our whole lives.

Yes, bitches can lift heavy things. No, it won't turn you into a grotesque She-Hulk. Enough said. We can do it!

Wish me luck, and good luck to all of you on your various Works in Progress :).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck!! I hope the readers love your stuff!

Rebecca Knight said...

Yay! Thanks, Sara ;)!

Anonymous said...

Hi Rebecca,

YukonMike from Querytracker just dropping in to wish you good luck and checking out you blog. Between blogging and manuscript revisions, when do you find the time to send out queries? You must be a hard worker.

Rebecca Knight said...

Howdy, Mike! Thanks for stopping by :D. I think the words you're looking for are "crazy person," not necessary "hard worker." Seriously, though, I just do a little each night, and it all seems to come together (when I'm not procrastinating, that is.) Last night I was revising while watching the new episode of Mythbusters. Hooray for multi-tasking!