Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Helpful Hints: Honing Your Pitch

Today I was surfing over in Query Shark-infested waters, and found this awesome link: http://edittorrent.blogspot.com/2009/04/how-to-put-it-together-into-one-neat.html.

Thank you to Janet Reid for posting it! We love you!

I'm thinking of revisng my query, and found this exercise extremely helpful. There were a few really crucial pieces of my plot that I was just plain missing.

As you guys from Query Tracker may have noticed, I'm a bit of a minimalist when it comes to my query, but am slowly learning that while less is more.... sometimes you just have to show a little more and hope for the best ;).

I'm rewriting, and will attempt to become Query Shark bait soon.

I hope this post is helpful for you guys, too!

Any tips of your own? Please share!


No comments: