Thursday, January 7, 2010

Blog Chain: Goals and other terrifying things!

It's that time again!

This go-round on the Blog Chain, B.J. started us off by asking:

What are your writing resolutions for 2010?

Please check out the fabulous Cole before me, and the awesome Amanda tomorrow!


Since I'm so awesome, I read this topic and went back in time to Monday where I blogged about it preemptively, just to prove I could.

But seriously--awesome topic for the New Year!

My goals all amount to one thing: I want to be able to fulfill my Deal With the Universe by getting a book deal and spending the day dressed up as a literary character for your viewing horror pleasure! (Please see above picture for an example of how terrifying awesome this will be.)

I want to do everything in my power, in an organized fashion, to see that day come. Mostly, I just want to keep writing, because I love it :), but dang if it wouldn't be awesome to be able to put "author" onto the ol' business cards.

So, what are your dreams and goals this year? :)

And more importantly,

What literary character would you like to see me dress up as for my Deal w/ the Universe?? You guys get to pick! Please leave responses until this Sunday evening, and I'll post your democratically elected character on Monday!

14 comments:

Sandra Ulbrich Almazan said...

Well, it looks as if you already have a hankering to be Gandalf. Or how about Sherlock Holmes or Scarlett O'Hara?

Badass Geek said...

That Gandalf picture is EPIC.

Rebecca Knight said...

Sandra: Well it IS Gandalf! I mean, who wouldn't want to be the greatest wizard ever? However, I'm open to suggestions, and Holmes is a great one! (I need to go read Gone w/ the Wind now so I can comment on Scarlet.)

Badass: It's somethin, alright. Do you like the jaunty pimp hat? :)

Cole Gibsen said...

Oooh, how about the Mad Hatter?

Christine Fonseca said...

I agree with Cole - Jonny Depp's version of the Mad Hatter, to be exact!!!

Rebecca Knight said...

Ooh, Mad Hatter! I'm loving the suggestions so far :).

lisa and laura said...

Ooh, this is so tricky. I feel the need to pick something truly awful since this was all our idea...

Hmm...

I think I might want you to dress up as someone where people will not realize that you lost a bet. They'll actually think you chose to dress that way for stylistic reasons. For some reason I think this might be more humiliating.

SO...I think you should dress as Audrey from Audrey, Wait! Tube socks on your arms, mini skirt, tube top, the whole nine yards.

Rebecca Knight said...

I like the way you guys think... mostly. Like, that is evil genius, but at my expense. I'm torn and confused :P.

Well done!

Nishant said...

Holmes is a great one! (I need to go read Gone w/ the Wind now so I can comment on Scarlet.)

Work from home India

Eric said...

You sound very driven, which could be a great thing. Have no idea what character I'd ask you to dress up as, though your Gandalf impression is pretty cool.

Rebecca Knight said...

Eric--thanks, dude!

Shaun Hutchinson said...

Wow. Just wow. That Gandalf pictures is holy-cow-awesome. I think you could also pull off an epic Harry Potter.

Unknown said...

Love the Gandalf, though disappointed there's not a second head. Hmm. Seriously, though, I wish you all the luck in the getting a book deal. That would be just lovely.

Kathryn Hupp-Harris said...

I love, love, love that picture!