I'm now nearing the big 3-0 in age, and am beginning to see signs that I am, indeed, getting old.
Main signs I've noticed:
1) I broke my toe in a mosh pit when I was 14. Recently, I've noticed it aching. But not, just at any ol' time. Yes, it aches when it rains. I'm that person.
"A storm's a-brewin'! I can feel it mah old bones!"
2) I judge young people by their haircuts and fashion choices. I frequently roll my eyes at boys with emo hair and say "that kid looks like Sally Fields in Steel Magnolias. If only he knew."
"Cut your damn hair, you crazy kids!"
3) I no longer like any of the bands I liked in high school, and have progressed to heavy metal. I've started to say things like "bands were so much better in the '80s. That's when people had talent and didn't just lip synch!" Apparently, I've forgotten about Milly Vanilly.
4) I had to go buy reading glasses. Yes, no longer are contacts enough! I can no longer properly focus my eyes under my own steam. I have to admit, I'm not too broken up about it because my reading glasses are sexy and magenta. But, STILL.
5) I can no longer enjoy cheap booze, shoes, or clothing. I know the difference now. There is no going back. I'll miss you, Zima, Target, and $.99 flip flops!
My last confession?
I love being an adult! I feel like I'm entering the very best years of my life (i.e. everything after college.). WOOT!
What are your truths this Tuesday? ;)