Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Tell the Truth Tuesday!

It's that time again, folks! Time to Tell the Truth Lisa & Laura style, and 'fess up.

My weekly confession:

1) I do lunges in the bathroom at work. And sometimes countertop pushups. And sometimes dance a little. Too embarrassed to squeeze a little exercise in at my desk, I will try to bust something out in between washing my hands and leaving.

2) Bruno from Dancing With the Stars terrifies me. He's like the show's pervy uncle, only he's not just showing up drunk and handsy at Christmas time, he's there all season, making every celebrity uncomfortable in turns. When Len says a dance was "delicious" I say "awww" because it does it in an adorable old man way. When Bruno says it, I shudder automatically. It's all in the delivery.

3) I read trashy romance novels on my iPhone because no one can tell what they are :). If someone asks I might just lie and say Proust. Mwahahahahaha!

4) I love surprises to a ridiculous degree. My husband knows this and will tell me to close my eyes before showing me a) cool TV shows he's recorded, b) yummy snacks, c) funny stuff he found on the Internet. It makes me squee with joy every time, because surprises are the best!

5) I look forward to "Lunch Weekly" all week long. If you don't get Publishers Lunch yet (the free industry newsletter you can subscribe to here), go sign up immediately! You'll get publishing news all week, and once a week (like today), they send an update showing new book deals for the week, including debut authors :). GO DEBS!

So, what about you? Anything to confess this week? ;)

5 comments:

Abby Annis said...

The shows pervy uncle! That's awesome. And just think what that phrase will do for random Google searches finding your blog. ;)

Tere Kirkland said...

I love your admission of doing exercise in the restroom!

I sing in the bathroom, because with the overhead vent on, no one can hear me. Must practice those sixteenth notes somewhere!

Rebecca Knight said...

Abby: LOL! I had not thought of that, and will have to report back if any hilarity ensues ;).

Tere: That's awesome! Hooray for overhead vents!

lisa and laura said...

Lunges in the bathroom = fantastic. That is real dedication there.

My confession today is that I've been really sad all week, but I haven't been able to blog about it. I guess maybe I'm still processing.

JennyMac said...

haha...I have done lunges in long elevator rides. Too funny.