Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tell the Truth Tuesday!

I'm stealing this idea, once again, from fabulous bloggers, Lisa & Laura! They entertain me beyond belief all week long, and I think this idea of confessing things on Tuesday is both morbidly fascinating, and a great idea.

So here goes!

My weekly confession:

1) I'm adding Fear of Surgery While Awake to my list of irrational phobias. A friend told me today about a surgery where they gave her a spinal anesthetic and then just went to town. WHILE SHE WAS AWAKE. She said she could feel "pressure." I almost screamed just hearing about it.

2) This Baby Readiness Quiz from JennyMac's blog made me sterile. I've always wanted kids, but after reading that, I'm considering buying a few more cats and calling it good :).

3) Whenever my mom is reading over my novel and says "EW! This part is gross. What is wrong with you?" I know I've done something right. It's my goal in life to have portions of my books disturb people. Is that wrong? I think then you know you've written something powerful, and that is awesome.

4) I am becoming addicted to Stat Counter. You can see where people are from who visit your blog, what keywords they used to find you, etc. It's hours of fun! :D I love the funky google searches that lead to me. Recently, it's been the great Star Wars--is it Fantasy? debate that brought people my way. Who knew?

5) I am becoming addicted to the blog Secret Office Confessions! It's British, it's about the goings-on in a publishing house, and it's like a cross between The Office and Bridget Jones. One word: Fabulous! I can't get enough of the drama. Fingers crossed that it's all true :).

6) I'm starting to feel very smug now that I've learned how to create fancypants Hyperlinks! Can you tell? This is my smug face.

So how about you?

Anything you'd like to get off your chest? ;)

10 comments:

Cole Gibsen said...

Great links, Rebecca! Thanks ;)

lisa and laura said...

Thanks for the shout out!

Um..surgery while awake? Horrifying.

And Jenny Mac's post was hilarious. I'm totally sending that to all of my pregnant friends. Cruel, I know.

Love the mom test.

Get help for your StatCounter addiction...er..stat. Seriously. We're going on almost 9 months of abuse and it's not pretty. We look like a couple of meth addicts over here.

And can't wait to check out the Secret Office Confessions! I can't think of anything more entertaining than a combination of B. Jones and publishing.

P.S.
Stop looking so smug. It's unbecoming.

Abby Annis said...

That mom quiz was awesome! So true. :)

And I'm totally addicted to Statcounter. There's no remedy as far as I know. Get out while you still can! :P

JennyMac said...

Love this post...and sorry for your sudden sterility..HAHA. My brothers are likely sterile too after reading it. :)

Secret Office Confessions is so crazy. :)

Scott said...

Eeeewwww on the being awake during surgery thingy . . . and I'm right there with you on that one.

S

Badass Geek said...

I like to evoke unexpected emotions, too. It's fun weaving that into a story.

Elana Johnson said...

Secret Office Confessions?? Dude, I'm all over that!

Tere Kirkland said...

OMG, one of the things that keeps me from getting Lasik is that you're awake when it happens. Umm, no thanks!

Tamika: said...

Thanks to my two children I can attest to spinal taps while still lucid. Painful.

Kate said...

Thanks so much for the shout out. Sorry I didn't see this earlier - have been sick.

Kate xx