Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Work In Progress Wednesday!

This week my goal was to finish my rewrites on Legacy of the Empress, and I'm happy to say I DID IT. Booyah!

Tonight I fixed the last bit of my ending, and did the dreaded Ctrl + F to fix all the times I wrote "seemed to" in my novel. Passive voice--prepare to die!

I feel very good about where I am right now, which is very exciting. I'm sending it out to a couple more beta readers, and then after some more polish, it's Query Time.

Although it was rough realizing that my whole ending needed to be revamped, I feel like this process has only made me stronger as a writer. Plus, hearing "yeah, your plot needs work" from your husband and your mom does a lot to thicken the old skin ;), which is never a bad thing in this industry.

So, how are you guys doing? I'd love to hear what you're working on, how you're doing, and if you need any encouragement.

We writers have to stick together, after all.

As Albert Camus said, "The purpose of a writer is to keep civilizaton from destroying itself."

So, you know... no pressure.

3 comments:

Abby Annis said...

Yea, Becca! Can't wait to read it!

Ctrl+f is awesome. Seems like every time I go through my ms, I find another word or phrase I need to use it for. :)

Danyelle L. said...

Congratulations! It always feels good to be done editing. :D

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Isn't it nice to finish :D Have fun with the final polishing...