Tuesday, August 23, 2011

10 Random Facts: I've Been Tagged!

I was tagged by author pal, Samantha Warren, in a fun blogging game where we each have to list 10 random facts, and then tag four other bloggers :).

Who am I to deny some bloggy fun times?

So, here goes!  10 random things about me that you never wanted to know but are going to read anyway:

10)  I used to fell trees with my ex-lumberjack grandpa!  We live in the Pacific Northwest, and our house was overshadowed by some creaky, terrifyingly large trees that threatened to fall on us during every storm.  So, of course, like any normal family, grandpa decided to enlist my 12 year old self to help him take them down.  To this day I remember his shouts of "run for your life!" and "watch out for the power lines!" echoing through our neighborhood of track houses.  Good times, Grandpa.  Good times.

9)  I met my husband through Craigslist.  Yes, you read that correctly.  Some girlfriends of mine were posting ads during college so I posted a joke one that said "Two Headed Girl Seeks Friendship, Maybe More" to see if anyone would respond.  My husband's roommate forwarded him my ad, and the rest is history.  Random, no?  Obviously, 'twas destiny.

8)  I hate fruity, sugary booze, and love whiskey straight up.  Apparently, I am a 1890s cowboy.

7)  Once I discovered Ru Paul's Drag Race on Netflix, I couldn't stop watching it.  I seriously marathoned this show.  Ru Paul presents hilarious challenges to young drag queens, says "Don't fuck it up" as encouragement, and then ends it with "Shasay.... away.." when someone is eliminated.  Tell me this isn't the best reality show of ALL TIME.

6)  I named my kitty Fawkes after the phoenix in Harry Potter :3.  He's orange.

5)  I'm a pretty good shot with a bow and arrow.

4)  On a related note, I hit my mom in the eye once with a tiny arrow from my Lord of the Rings Aragorn action figure's wee plastic bow.  Luckily, she was wearing glasses, and it deflected the blow.  I was 20 at the time.

3)  I karaoke to "Bohemian Rhapsody" without feeling shame.

2)  As soon as I get home from work, even if it's early, I change into pajamas.  Pajamas are my natural state. Right now, because it's summer, I'm in a wifebeater and boxers.  Yes.  I am a classy lady ;).

1)  One of my favorite movies is Rambo, First Blood.  I'll tell people that I love oscar winners, but I seriously love terrible 80s action movies.  Favorite genre, hands down.

So, now it's time to pick some of you!  I want to know your 10 darkest secrets.... or at least 10 random facts :).

I'm tagging:

Tere Kirkland
Abby Annis
Christine Fonseca
Michelle McLean

Let's hope they spill some juicy facts! ;)

What about you?  What's a random fact about YOU, dear followers?  I'd love to know!

7 comments:

Joseph Frankmor said...

O lawd, #7. Rupaul's Drag Race is my absolute favorite thing to watch on tv. Season 4 cannot get here quick enough.

Anonymous said...

Seriously fun post. And I have to go find that RuPaul Drag Race. It sounds funnier than anything I've seen in the past couple of years.

The East Coaster said...

Everything about this list if full of win.

Unknown said...

So how disappointed was your husband when he found out you only had one head? I for one would feel cheated. :P

Tere Kirkland said...

ROFL, now I seriously MUST watch Drag Race. I've been eyeing it on Netflix...

And can I just say #9 is about the most romantic love story I've heard since Kill Bill? ;) Destiny, indeed.

Thanks for the tag! Look out for my post Friday!

Abby Annis said...

What a fun post! Love the story about how you met your husband. But I agree with Samantha. He must've been pretty disappointed at your lack of a second head.

And thanks for the tag! I'll most likely post Friday, too. Not because I'm copying Tere or competing with her or anything. Though my post will probably be up before hers. Just saying. ;)

Christine Fonseca said...

Oh sweet! I just noticed this. I will have to post something on Friday. Hmmm....what tidbits shall I spill.