Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Progress update!

Hello, All,

This is my first attempt at blogging so.... be gentle.

I feel like I should tell you a little about myself and what I hope to accomplish with this blog. I've just finished my first novel, and am trying to join the wonderful world of The Published Author. However, now I have a new and daunting task: I have to make more novels!

My goals with this blog are to keep myself accountable by blogging about how the writing's going, and also give you writers who are on the same path a look at how another of your kind works, lives, and keeps from slipping into the abyss of "no one will ever publish me, maybe I should just dig ditches for a living."

My finished novel is a 92,000 word quest fantasy called LEGACY OF THE EMPRESS about an 18 year old girl imprisoned in her mother’s castle for over a decade. She escapes using a book of magic, and realizing the dark magic that corrupted her family is spreading throughout the kingdoms of her land, journeys to find an imprisoned Empress who banished the same dark power centuries before. As she faces the darkness in herself, she realizes that saving the land she loves may ultimately mean watching it burn.

The novel I'm working on now currently doesn't have a name, but is more of a post-apocalyptic fantasy involving a city with mile-high buildings, giant plague rats, and zombies. Right now, I've only got an outline and 13 pages, but hey, you have to start somewhere.

I would love for this to be a forum where writers, new and published, can get together to share tips, questions, theories, etc. This is a blog for all of us--go for it!

I'd love to hear from you.

After all, if we writers love anything in this world, it's procrastination.

No comments: