Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Update Roundup!

Hi, All,

Man.  So sorry I've been neglecting you all lately!

I promise, I still love you.  It's just been one stressful/good/fun/crazy/sad/weird/funny week.  I feel like it's a been a month.  But, also in a good way?  It's like I'm in the Twilight Zone, and I ain't talking about sparkly nosferatu.

Since 7/9, bascially, I've sold 2200 books.  What??

Anyway, things are going really well, but I'm now working harder than ever getting the next installments of Veronica Grim ready to go, as well as getting ready for a sequel to Legacy of the Empress.  My alter ego has a trilogy planned. People:  It is ON!

I had a lot of highs this past week and a half, but I also got my first one star reviews. Egads! They totally happen, and I'm even sort of happy that I got that "milestone" over with ;). It's like waiting for the first rejection from an agent, or getting your period or something. It's a part of the beautiful cycle of Nature.

Okay... I admit I felt like this *just* a little bit:


But, then I read the one-star reviews from some of my favorite authors and felt a smile creeping onto my face.  Dude!  A one star means I'm like... a real author.  With books out there for people to have opinions about!

That's seriously awesome :).

Also, I got some lovely 5 stars for No Rest for the Wicked, Carnivore, and Legacy of the Empress. From Internet Strangers!  Wooo hooooo!

So there you go.  Roller coaster of happy/sad/happy and some hard workin's.

In other news, I promise to actually ship your books out, you lucky contest winners. I still don't have a couple of your addresses, so please email me forthwith to claim your treasures.

There have been lots of fascinating discussions lately in the blogosphere, so expect linkage later this week. 

In the meantime, how the hell are you all doing?  Any projects that you're working on?

I'd love to hear about them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Rebecca, that is friggin awesome! I love hearing about how your writing adventures are going. You'll have to pop over and guest blog for me sometime.

Steph said...

Congrats on the successful month! :)

I got my first 2-star review on Goodreads today and I admit, it left me a little gutted. Still, like you, I'm trying to tell myself that it's all part of it, right?